I'm getting an Olympus mju 105 in mint condition for a good price. I already own an Olympus OM 10. Should i buy the mju or is it redundant?

Favorite Answer

I agree with Sumi, different cameras. The mju: is ideal for putting in a coat pocket and taking it with you. With the clam shell design you don't even need an additional case. Image quality is generally good with the mju: series cameras

The OM 10 is a full SLR and can get heavy when having it to carry all day long but has of course the advantages of a full SLR system with a wide range of lenses and accessoiries to chose from like flash guns, macro adapters and what else.

I like to carry a small film camera with me, especially on holidays.

• ?

Buy it, I guess.  It's a p&s while the OM10 is a SLR.  It's not redundant because the OM10 was designed for different uses.  The OM10 allows for control over the image-making process, but it's bigger and heavier than the MJU105.  The MJU105 is designed for when you don't want to lug around a big camera and for taking quick snapshots.

Olympus was a good camera.  It's a shame they stopped making cameras.