Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I'm getting an Olympus mju 105 in mint condition for a good price. I already own an Olympus OM 10. Should i buy the mju or is it redundant?

Attachment image

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree with Sumi, different cameras. The mju: is ideal for putting in a coat pocket and taking it with you. With the clam shell design you don't even need an additional case. Image quality is generally good with the mju: series cameras

The OM 10 is a full SLR and can get heavy when having it to carry all day long but has of course the advantages of a full SLR system with a wide range of lenses and accessoiries to chose from like flash guns, macro adapters and what else.

I like to carry a small film camera with me, especially on holidays.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Buy it, I guess.  It's a p&s while the OM10 is a SLR.  It's not redundant because the OM10 was designed for different uses.  The OM10 allows for control over the image-making process, but it's bigger and heavier than the MJU105.  The MJU105 is designed for when you don't want to lug around a big camera and for taking quick snapshots.

Olympus was a good camera.  It's a shame they stopped making cameras.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.