Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

What are some options when my insurance won't cover my wisdom teeth removal?

I have to get my wisdom teeth removed, and I recently had an appointment to do so, but they said my insurance won't cover it as it's impacted in a way that's more difficult to remove. So they said it'd be 500 dollars per tooth. 

What else can I do in this situation? I asked if a different place would accept my insurance but he said that if he won't accept it odds are no other place would too. Is there any insurance help or something that can be of assistance? Any Advice? I can't just pay 2000 dollars on the spot

Do you have medical insurance?  Check that before you pay out of pocket.  If they have to do oral surgery that surgery might be covered by your medical insurance.

Worth a try.

Many places will put you on a payment plan so you can pay a little bit each month. Speck to the oral surgeon who will do the surgery. If they don't offer a payment plan just call another place. 

• y

Wisdom teeth fall between medical and dental insurance, coverage for them becomes spotty and such. What you do, is set up a payment plan with the oral surgeon, pay in advance so to speak.  I do not know of any other options.