Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

Help running other operating systems on Windows 10 laptop?

I used a usb to install Zorin on 1 drive and Ubuntu on the other. When I power the laptop on it only boots from usb drives and if I don't plug in a usb drive it says "Critical Error Message No bootable devices found.". What can I change in the bios so that it will go to zorin or ubuntu instead of trying to boot from a usb?  

3 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Did you install a bootloader like GRUB or LILO?

• 1 month ago

The previous answer is a good one.

While in BIOS, you might always want to look for and turn off Secure Boot.  It prevents other OS's from booting.  Only Windows.  Turn it off.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Change the boot device order and/or the order of operating system entries in the "Boot manager" menu if it has one. If you're using UEFI and there isn't an entry for Zorin or Ubuntu, boot the Ubuntu USB again and run boot-repair.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.