Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

Help running other operating systems on Windows 10 laptop?

I used a usb to install Zorin on 1 drive and Ubuntu on the other. When I power the laptop on it only boots from usb drives and if I don't plug in a usb drive it says "Critical Error Message No bootable devices found.". What can I change in the bios so that it will go to zorin or ubuntu instead of trying to boot from a usb?  

• keerok

Did you install a bootloader like GRUB or LILO?

The previous answer is a good one.

While in BIOS, you might always want to look for and turn off Secure Boot.  It prevents other OS's from booting.  Only Windows.  Turn it off.

Change the boot device order and/or the order of operating system entries in the "Boot manager" menu if it has one. If you're using UEFI and there isn't an entry for Zorin or Ubuntu, boot the Ubuntu USB again and run boot-repair.