Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

When it comes to Jose Canseco, is he considered a baseball god like Babe Ruth?

I dont know much about baseball but i remember he hit a lot of homeruns.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

No he is considered someone who could have gone into The Baseball Hall of Fame with more than 500 Home Runs and 500 Stolen Bases, but he frittered away his Athletic Talent by using Performance Enhancing Drugs and having a lousy work ethic. It's a shame because he had more physical gifts and athleticism than most others who played sports.

• 2 months ago

No, Jose Canswco is held in that high regard. He did have a lot of homruns but admitted to performance enhancing drug use and never came close to making the hall of fame.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not even close plus most of those home runs wouldn't have been hit, at least 

once he reached the major league level, without steroids+probably other stuff. 

I do thank him for exposing a number of the other cheats in the sport however.

• 2 months ago

Conseco's reputation as a hitter is in the toilet, far gone, and unsalvageable.. He literally wrote the book on PED's in baseball.

And Ruth played in the deadball era pre-integration, so that's a giant asterisk as far as I'm concerned. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.