Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Atheists, would it be fair to suggest that there was an pubescent element of 'seeking notoriety' when you rebelled against the Church?

Heidi Ho....No, I'm saying a pubescent search for notoriety has its own uniqueness

It is not rebelling just because you don't believe in something it is a right everyone has to make that choice, just like it is your right to believe if you choose to do so.  What you are doing is rebelling against God's law of not judging others.  

• Phil M

No, it wouldn't. Whatever you think you know about others is just an assumption, and probably wrong.

• Wundt

So, was your realization that Santa Claus isn't real 'pubescent seeking of notoriety'?  Or, did you just grow up?  While it's true that a lot of atheists became atheists in their teens, but is wasn't an act of rebellion, it was just becoming a thinking adult.  

I didn't rebel; I just grew up.

LMAO! It is always fair to allow the less fortunate who believe in superstitious fables and scams ie religion, to learn that they are being fooled and wasting money which they need to feed their children. At age 15 and 5 or 6 months, I closed a church, had the building and land sold and divided that money with the poor foolish believers. Next question.

No not in my case as I was well past my teenage years and fighting in a  religious war when I chose to reject religion, for what it really is..... !

No, not at all.  I left the church after several years of research into the lack of evidence support the Bible's claims, that was in my early 40's

So you're implying that the search for notoriety is an element inclusive only to someone approaching the age of puberty?

Fair? Well it wouldn't be accurate, if that's what you meant. I didn't rebel against the Church, I just realized that I didn't believe in the existence of gods, fairies, ghosts, magic and all the rest of it.

Even if the agreed they would not admit it

(or know what pubescent means)