Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

jim asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

What's a good brand/variety of wet cat food that has organ meat but that's not super expensive? ?

My senior cat is anemic. The vet said I should feed wet food with organ meat, but didn't specify a brand or variety. What's a good brand/variety of wet cat food that has organ meat but that's not super expensive? Note: He's been eating the brands Wholehearted and Fancy Feast lately.

Update:

The vet did not have a specific recommendation. That's why I'm asking here.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • TK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Go to the grocery store, to the meat section, and find beef liver.  It might be frozen.  Give your cat a small teaspoonful of chopped liver twice a day.  

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Go to your butchers and purchase Ox heart or  liver or kidney bake in the over and chop it up, freeze in portions and it will last a month or more...then feed whatever wet food you want, all wet food is mainly water......... BUT the vet is not a food nutritionist, has no training or qualifications in it and anemia is caused by a medical condition so the vet needs to use their training/qualification  to deal with and eleminate whatever the medical condition your cat has... and it could be as simple as fleas/worms or more something  serious as without the medical condition being resolved 'food' will not resolve it

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would ask your vet about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.