Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
I AM BEGGING YOU. PLEASE TELL ME I'M JUST OVERREACTING AND I DIDNT DO SOMETHING EXTREMELY UNFORGIVABLE OR BAD? ?
A year ago I asked a question on Yahoo answers if my partner was abusive or not. They're not but it was after a rough week and we were arguing often which clouded my mind and judgement. I stupidly asked a question asking that when I knew better. I very much exaggerated stuff and said how they didn't say sorry and how they cussed at me a lot which wasn't true. I said how they'd refuse to talk and that they'd snap at me or give one word replies. Which wasn't true. It had only happened once and it was partly my fault. I feel so bad. The guilt is still eating me alive. I don't wanna leave them but I feel like I HAVE to because isn't this one of the worst things someone could do to their partner? Am I a horrible partner that's keeping a dirty big awful secret?Will it be tracked someone and people find out my whole name and my partner and know I posted it?
Or am I simply paranoid and overreacting?
A lot of people have told me it's hardly even an issue at all....but my ocd can't believe it because I truly feel like I've done the worst.
- ?Lv 52 months agoFavorite Answer
If this question is legitimate, I understand what you are going through. If it`s just a very stupid Troll, then you are a sick person that needs help. I`ll answer your request as if it is legit. I hope it is. Your guilt comes from feeling that you betrayed your significant other, and in a sense, you did, but it wasn`t anywhere close to being as serious as your conscience has made it out to be. OCD? Possibly, but it doesn`t really matter. I`m 75 yrs. old and have been with my wife for almost 55 yrs. During that span of time we have probably liked and loved each other 95% of the time. We`ve disliked/hated each other for the other 5% of the time. Not a lot of in between where love is concerned. I imagine that on the date of that Yahoo question you posted was one of the days you hated him. When we are really mad at our partners we frequently obsess a bit about what they did to piss you off. Your incident probably happened on one of those days when we wake up mad and your patience tank is on empty. It happens to everybody! Forgiveness is the key. My wife and I both apologize when we know we were over reacting or just plain wrong. I see nothing outrageous in the way you reacted that day. My advice for you is to talk to your partner. Pick a time when you both are in good moods. Tell him what you did, why you did it at that particular time, and how you have felt about it ever since. Apologize to him. He won`t be nearly as upset as you have been ever since it happened. I very much doubt that he`ll think it was a big deal or a real betrayal. We, everybody, say things we don`t really mean when we are angry. I`m sure that that is how he will think of it. So, talk to him and clear the air. Get rid of this obsession you have. That`s the only way to get passed this. The reality here is that it wasn`t a big deal to start with. Your conscience has turned this into a much bigger deal than it actually was. Some times confession is good for the soul.
- LynnmarieLv 72 months ago
Ask God to forgive all your sins. Ask Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior. Follow Him as best you can. Read the New Testament. Start with the Gospel of John. There are answers to life's problems in the Bible. Our biggest problem is sin. We are all sinners. God is trying to get your attention so that you will trust His Son, Jesus, as Savior and avoid hell. He died for your sins and rose again the third day so that you could have a home in heaven. Put your faith in Him today. Pray about everything that concerns you. I will pray for you too. May God encourage you. Look up Philippians 4:6-8 regarding anxiety. Also look up these Bible verses: Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:13, 10:9&10; John 3:16, 14:6, 3:3, 1:12; Ephesians 2:8,9.
- sparrowLv 72 months ago
You don't need to worry about your post. You do need to worry about having OCD, and get some treatment.
- MeLv 42 months ago
This question is in the wrong section. And no, I think you’re a little overreacting
We're human beings, and it happens.
It's okay, let it go. We all sometimes say and do something we feel bad about. We're human beings, and it happens.
- Anonymous2 months ago
You lied, and that is not a good thing but hardly unforgiveable. Your partner probably doesn't know what the issue was a year ago.
If your OCD is in control of your life, then you have to figure out if you want to allow it to remain in control or if you want to control it.