Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

dyed my hair for the first time and hate it!! help me fix the orange!?

I got my hair professionally dyed at Super Cuts. My natural hair color is a dark kinda ashy blonde and I've gotten highlights usually. I wanted to dye my hair darker. For whatever reason, the top of my head for about 5 inches is a dark orange/auburn color. I love my blonde color after that but I hate not being even toned. So I went back to the salon to get the top highlighted, and they wouldn't do it, they said my hair would fall out possibly. So they put a color stripper in on the top and toner and purple shampoo. It now looks like a lighter orange/auburn, while my length is still nice blonde.

How can I fix this?? Should I just take a box dye and do it myself at home, or will that make it worse? I honestly don't want anyone seeing my hair color. TIA

• Use a hair toner like wella color charm, purple shampoos (unless they're good quality) don't do much to fix orange brassy tones. But first give your hair a break for a few days. Give it a few deep conditioning treatments before you use a hair toner, you have to mix them with developer which can be harsh on your hair.  

If they used bleach, you should wait at least 2 weeks to re bleach or color your hair again or it could break off.