Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Why does god never just show himself?
and no, he doesn't already do it
- 2 months ago
King James Version Bible 1885
Jude Chapter 1
2. Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
2 Peter Chapter 3
3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4. And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.
2 Peter Chapter 3
8. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Amos Chapter 5
18. WOE UNTO YOU THAT DESIRE THEY DAY OF THE LORD! to what end [is] it for you? the day of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.
Ecclesiastes Chapter 8
11. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
- Forrest ToneyLv 72 months ago
Malachi says : Who can stand when God appears . He is like a trainer's FIRE . So obey Jesus' sayings
- JesusLv 52 months ago
Friend can you imagine what would happen to us?
Do you not know what the Bible says no man could endure the face of God and yet live!
God created the Sun and all of the solar systems and all the planets. what would happen to you if the sun instantly materialized in front of your face.
You would be vaporized in a split second! This is what we're talking here friend you can't see God it would kill you in a heartbeat. The Bible says that Moses saw the hind shadow of God's glory God's back.
Still God had to hide Moses inside a cave and put his hand across the mouth of the cave so that when he went by that Moses didn't burn to a crisp.
So next time you ask God to show himself realize what you're asking you're asking for the total annihilation of the entire planet Earth we would be incinerated in a split second
- PubliusLv 72 months ago
He does from time to time, as Christ seems fit.
- PaulLv 72 months ago
Obviously He cannot do so physically, since He is pure Spirit. But yes, He does already do it, many times a day for hundreds of millions of people who know Him and have a relationship with Him. You can't imagine how meaningless your question is, to all these people.
- GreygooseLv 62 months ago
Exodus 33:20 But he added: “ You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.
John 4:24 God is a spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.
God is not made of physical matter but is a spirit and lives in the spirit realm.
He shows himself everyday in creation. In the things that humans love to attribute to other humans. He show himself in his inspired words in the Bible. We have to read his word, study it, research it with a open mind and heart. Pray for wisdom and understanding.
If you truly want to see God, look at the wonderful awesome things that he have created. The intelligent design of us humans. Look at the beauty in the birds, flowers, the different animals, etc. There are so many ways to see God if you truly want too.
- ?Lv 72 months ago
Very simple, because you, as an Atheist, have NEVER put in your heart to pray to Him, how can, the Lord Manifest Himself towards those who do not seek Him?
23 Jesus answered, "Everyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them, and manifest ourselves to them.
- Annsan_In_HimLv 72 months ago
You really don't want God to show Himself, because when next He does that, it will be to judge the world and destroy all wickedness. The last time He showed Himself, it was as Jesus of Nazareth - God incarnate, yet look what they did to Him! At that time He did not come to judge the world but to save it. He achieved that salvation for all who would repentantly trust in Him.
But the next time He appears, it will be in great glory, such that people will cry for the mountains to fall on them, to hide them from the wrath of the Lamb and His angelic hosts. That's in Revelation 6:12-16 & chapter 16.
Go read what is going to happen when God next shows Himself, and tremble. Tremble.
- KoLv 52 months ago
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Fascism Is Conservatism