Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 2 months ago

Is mining for cryptocurrency easy?

Favorite Answer

I've looked into this.  I've searched for articles on mining bitcoin or Dogecoin or whatever, and watched several videos.

None are what I would call "easy."

There also seems to be a fair amount of distrust in the programs used to mine.  Almost every source I find recommends not doing it on the computer your use for your every day tasks.

no but you could try cloud mining. so youdon´t need your own hardware. 

some information about cryptos:

https://youtu.be/7ZcGB1M7Hbw

• ?

it's not something you actively DO. you have to set up a computer to do it. which is not simple, but once it's set up, it requires little to no supervision.

but it requires a fairly beefy system to mine Bitcoin. you can often spend thousands on a system and not see any ROI for decades...

there are other types of cryptocurrency to mine, but it is even more tricky to setup sometimes...