Sassy
Sassy asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 2 months ago

How do you let go of a dream of having kids?

I'm 41 years old (will be 42 in the end of March) and I'm not in a relationship right now. 

I don't drive so how would get the child to the doctor or to school?

Yes I'm a woman 

To user WinterRose: My ex boyfriend and I were trying to have a baby before we broke up. We were going through fertility tests and treatments.

Favorite Answer

I don't think you have to let go of the dream.

If you're committed to having kids and are in a good place financially/mentally, you could consider adoption. You don't need to be part of a couple to raise kids, although it would likely make things easier. Still, there are a lot of single parents out there kicking ***! You could be one of them, to a child that really needs a home. :)

There's also foster care if you're unsure if you want to fully commit to adoption. Or, if you wanted to have a biological connection to your child, you could get a sperm donor (assuming you're a woman). Lots of options!

Sounds to me that a child never really was in your Life plans, as you never made preparations to have one of your own, or to even adopt one.  You have a ready excuse.  "I don't drive, so how would I get the child to school or to a doctor?"  You would have changed your Life and learned how to drive.  You would have a car by now, and the world would be a good place to explore with the child.  There would be someone there for you when you get older also. Make peace with your decision to not have a child.  

• ?

You start thinking about adopting one. 

It is unlikely but possible for women to have kids in their 40s. At age 40, a woman's odds of conceiving after 3 months of trying are around 7 percent.

Men can have kids no matter their age.

• ?

You can adopt some unfortunate children