Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Should I go to the hospital for cornea abrasions? ?

I went to an urgent care yesterday and the doctor there said he found very shallow scratches on my corneas. He prescribed me antibiotic eye drops and recommended that I should go to the ER. Is this something that I should go to the ER for, or let my eyes heal? 

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

After a scratch to the eye or other eye trauma, you should visit an eye doctor to be evaluated

SRG Eye Hospital in Ahmadabad is top rated as one of the leading best eye hospital in Ahmadabad.

• Rita

When should you seek emergency care if you have a scratched eye or a corneal abrasion? Seek emergency care if: There is pain, change in vision, or increased sensitivity to light after a scratch or trauma to the eyeball. There is a foreign object lodged in the eye or eyelid or under the eyelid.

• ?

Maybe you definitely need an Ophthalmologist.

Don't go to the ER. If it is not better, go to an optometrist if you are in the US. If it seems to be improving, you don't need to do anything.

Most corneal abrasions (without infections) are treated by patching for 24–48 hours to help in epithelial regeneration. A prophylactic anti biotic eye drop is instilled at regular intervals to prevent infections. Sometimes a lubricant eye drop is given for comfort and a nsaid eye drop may be required for relieving pain.

If only one eye is affected and it is OK to go to work with one eye patched, you can go to work, but avoid driving as it can result in confusion and misjudjement.

• Tavy

You definitely need an Ophthalmologist not ER. 

Follow up with an ophthalmologist. Not the ER

You have a recommendation from the doctor who examined you! Why are you asking strangers on the internet for their "opinions"?