Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Why does Russell Wilson think he gets a say in what the Seattle Seahawks management decided to do?

When did Wilson become the GM or the coach? 

Your opinion doesn’t matter. 

If you want a say in how the team operates become a GM otherwise keep quite. 

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Millionaire's have a tendency to think they matter. In Wilson's case he does matter. 

• 1 month ago

He apprently does have some say.Even if they trade him they proved he does have a say in their plans.Lets face it they did not plan on tradeing him before he opened his mouth 

• 1 month ago

Just like Arron  Rodgers he is dealing with a moron GM  so i agree with Wilson they both need to get away from the incompetent front offices .

• 1 month ago

Well, he's very smart. There's no long term future in Seattle. If he could force a trade to Chicago, he could become a legend with the Bears. Chicago , a big market city, would be his long term. His wife would have more opportunities long term in Chicago. Defense wins. He knows that because he won with the Legion of Boom. Chicago has a SB defense, all they need is him.

Very smart guy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

When you’re not desperate for money you have lots to talk about and there’s nothing you can do about it 

• Nick
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

He is a multi-millionaire who never has to work again from a financial standpoint and a no-trade clause in his contract. Seems to me he has plenty of say in it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

1) His contract extension included a $65 million signing bonus which means he's already been paid most of his contract with 3 years left. 

2) He's already earned enough that he could retire comfortably. 

3) He has a no trade clause which means he can veto a trade he doesn't like. 

Seattle can eat 70 million in guaranteed salary plus 58 million in dead cap or they can try to make Russell happy. Not to mention lost revenue from ticket sales if he doesn't play. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He's done more for the city than any other athlete has

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

this is nothing new in sports.  i'm amazed you are just learning about this now.  

• 1 month ago

Russell Wilson has the physique of a horse jockey, why would anyone take him seriously if he's not even allowed on rollercoasters?

• 1 month ago

I'm sure that the organization values his opinion as well as his performance.

Just any quality organization seeks input from their employees, the Seahawks do too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.