Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

Why does my heart hurt when running?

I’m a 20 year old female (overweight) and I have started using an elliptical. I’ve been using it 2 times a day and I started off by going slow. However while I’m using it I notice that my heart hurts. It hurts while and after I’m using it. It goes away after a few minutes of not using it. It feels like pressure and I’m not sure if that’s normal. It’s not like I going fast too, like I said I started off slow and by now I’m going at a decent pace (not too fast, not too slow). So I’m not sure if this is normal and should I ask my doctor about it? Thanks. 

its a lack of breath...try to breathe better

• The clinical term for that is "stable angina", you might want to do a google on that.

I would assume that since you are out of condition, so is your heart & the system of coronary arteries that feed it with oxygen.  I would also assume that the pain you are experiencing is coming from areas in your heart not being sufficiently oxygenated while you are exercising.  I would think that as you AND your heart start to become conditioned that the feelings of discomfort you are experiencing will subside; however, I am NOT going to tell anyone who is experiencing chest pain NOT to consult a physician.  Unlike most other organs in your body, when your heart stops working, death follows rather quickly.