Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

blank
blank asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

What is your opinion on the name Gideon for a boy?

Favorite Answer

I like it just fine.

• Rita

Gideon (גדעון in Hebrew) is a masculine given name and surname of Hebrew origin, Which translates to "feller" or "hewer" (i.e. 'great warrior') in Hebrew. It can also be interpreted as "One who has a stump in place of a hand" or "One who cuts down".

My sister named her husky rottweiler mixed dog that name. Though it's not my favorite name, I like the person who was named this is in the Bible. If you like it, then go for it. I like some names that other people aren't crazy about, but I won't change my preference.

reminds me of pigeon. or giddy-up horsey

A little archaic perhaps but I think it's a cool name.

😄

No.

Reminds me of Inigo Montoya from Criminal Minds.