Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 2 months ago

why do women do stuff to their eyebrows?

ever since fifth grade other kids kept telling me that i have a unibrow and need to get it waxed, i didn't even know i had one until they pointed it out, so i got home and looked in the mirror and noticed i did have a little one but it was only peach fuzz (how do they notice such little things?!) so i asked my mom if i could get it waxed and she said no, the next day they asked me why i still had it and i said that my mom wouldn't let me get it waxed, so they just kept bothering me for a month, until finally i just plucked the middle off and then they stopped bullying me, but in 6th grade everyone was getting their eyebrows waxed and they looked like skinny lines, i thought it looked weird so i didn't do that, then they kept telling me my eyebrows were too bushy, i just ignored them after that, i'm in 9th grade now and i never done anything to my eyebrows except pluck the middle to avoid bullying. That's my story.

ok here's the question... ladies your eyebrows look so skinny! why do you think you need to wax them? why are you putting on that pencil thing to make them look thicker when it's so much easier to grow them out? or did i miss something here? is it heathier to wax them then to leave them? i think my eyebrows are so beautiful when they a bushy! why do you do things them? i thought ladies liked being 'thicc' LOL

• a

I wouldn't worry about what other people think. 

Actress Brooke Shields has had beautiful brows for her entire life. Never plucked them to blend into the 1990s craze for the 'pencil line' look.

In the Middle Ages and Renaissance it used to be fashionable to have no eyebrows for women. In the 1920's pencil-drawn lines were in style, as in the 1970's and 90's also. Now women who have over-plucked their brows in earlier decades find they have to compensate with a large variety of brow darkeners and thickeners. It is better to have thick eyebrows than the opposite, because they won't grow back if plucked. Trends change nearly every few decades- for now, naturally lush brows are in style. You can always use a brow razor as a temporary fix if you're uncomfortable, but don't bother yourself too much over fickle trends:)

• Rita

Illusion that there eyebrows are not good and are decreasing the effect of their beauty. Unlike men, women are capable of looking minor things in a lot, and so they do with their appearance too.

nice curve in the brows a lot of mens like it, accents the peepers pay no heed to the others  

\\jealous

All depends on preferences of others, I pluck my eyebrows & make mine thin because I don't care for how they look when they're thick.

The microblading is something Madison Avenue came up with to make women think their eyebrows had to look a certain way for a real lot of money.  

Other looks are just trends. A word to the wise: Leave your eyebrows alone, except for the unibrow and a tad of cleanup if there are some rogue hairs. Tweezing and waxing eventually kill hair follicles. The super-thin brows make a face look unbalanced, and it would be a shame to be stuck with that look for the rest of your days.  

Do people still wax their brows? That's something they used to do in the 70s and 80s. 

maybe to attract the guys