Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can a tire shake kill you?

I am thinking about trying drag racing, but I heard about someone dying from a tire shake. I really don’t understand how a tire shake can kill someone 

Update:

I mean like the vibration of a tire shake

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any severe vibration on any car needs urgent attention. As well as making driving dangerous and tiring, the part vibrating will fail at some point. Additionally the vibration could savage other parts , so you bills will escalate.

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

yes means the tire is out of balance or your steering is out of alignment  , can be fatal .just drive it at a slower speed and get it serviced .

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You understand perfectly so why are you asking?  Does not need to be in a drag race.  Seldom results in death in a car.  Frequently results in death for person on motorcycle.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

An out of balance tire is instability. 

If violent enough, the tire could actually be bouncing off the ground. 

Couple instability with strong acceleration and hard handling (cornering) and high speed, and you get danger.  Failure of control at speed can easily be serious injury to the car or driver, or death. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

a serious TIRE SHAKE can mean the TIRE BELT is slipping, or that the TIE RODS or CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS need ATTENTION or you will LOSE THE CAR totally! I wpoudl NEVER drive at HIGH SEEDS with this thing EVER! TIRE BRANEDS are IMPORTANT and I TRUST MICHELIN and CONTINENTLA and YOKOHAME the most along with BRIDGHESTONE! BAD TIRES wil KILL YOU many times! It is SUSPENSION< TIRES and BRAKES that save yoru life and a serious SHAKE is just a warning for things to COME most times! GOOD LUCK!

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Umm....      loss of control.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's the consequence that can kill not the vibration. Brake failure only kills when you have a fatal accident as a result.

• arther
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

speed wobbles they probably hit the wall? when wheel spinning take foot of gas?

the car must of been a pos?

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Get on the turnpike & drive 130 mph & find out.

• 2 months ago

"Tire shake" is the result of a steering or suspension problem. Which can result in the loss of control of the car.

Solve the problem causing the tire shake before it kills you and no problems will result.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.