Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 2 months ago

Remember the World post 9/11 folks, and the Global War against Terrorism - do you remember living in that climate ?

Sadly we've had to endure terrorist attacks in the previous decade not just in the post 9/11 decade ( 2001-2009)

Barcelona, Manchester, Paris, Boston..

But I remember the 'war hysteria' and how much hatred the media instilled in us against the middle east...so much so looking back at it now, I find that quite disturbing that it could be such a powerful propaganda tool, almost at will it made me want to be as bad as those low life terrorists - i wanted to kill, maim, harm those people because of how our news channels were portraying their people and their land.

That decade was kinda crazy.   Afghanistan, Iraq,  all that 'bring our troops home' rallying etc

despite all of that, I did like the noughtie's but they were troubled times to live in in some respects.   Right after 9/11 the 'war rhetoric' was being drummed into us,  and we were meant to be 'afraid' of the 'bad guys' thousands of miles across the planet from another continent.

I just look back at it all now and wonder, if life would have been rosier avoiding the media ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I remember 9/11 and understand why Trump tried to stop Muslim Zealots from coming to America and it was presented as being "racist". Now if you disagree with the thin skinned, insecure, gullible and Democrats your racist. Seems to be the only think they have to validate their stupidity!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes ... if only America could get that bipartisan against the biggest domestic terrorist threat today ... right wing extremism. Federal agencies began identifying this long ago. We saw it come to fruition when they stormed the Capitol.

• 2 months ago

yes, i remember some of it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.