I’m 24 and he’s 33 is it a big age gap?

Sometimes I forget we’re 9 years apart. Maybe it’s because I’m an old soul. I feel like we’re on the same frequency if that makes sense. I’d say I’m mature for my age. I also own my own business and so does he. I have a crush on him, and our friend group says he does too (ahh). Anyways, before I try to pursue anything I was just wondering your thoughts on our age gap. Do you think it changes anything? 

I was once in love with a man that was 9 years apart from me and I do feel like an old soul as well. Thing is he was engaged at the time and now married. Bad timing for us because we had a lot in common and I’ve never felt this way before with anyone. If he feels the same way go for it. You got nothing to lose and if people are gonna judge, let them judge. At the end of the day it’s your life, your choices, and you might regret it if you didn’t go for it. 

• Corey

your both adults right? so why does age matter, its not like your 14 and he is 23

• ?

No, more than 10 years is pushing it. If you both enjoy the same type things, are otherwise compatible, seem mature enough for each other, then there's really no problem

At 24 the spread is big, but not too big - but the key question is whether or not he's a strong guy.

Could you possibly be making dating choices mainly based upon whether someone likes you and you like them? Unfortunately this approach to dating, used by most people, usually leads to a broken heart. May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already), forget about this guy unless he’s a strong person, and eventually look for this type of guy (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of man is difficult to find – but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)Hope this helps!PS Here are "21 tips that could help you to attract a strong person" from the book True Love Lasts:1. Take the time and put in the effort to become a strong person yourself (this is the most important tip)2. Put yourself in as many situations as possible that will allow you to potentially come in contact with other strong people - community service organizations, the library, high school or college clubs, the “Y” or other workout facilities, religious book studies, coffee shops, non-alcoholic parties, bookstores, concerts (wear a good pair of earplugs to protect your ears from permanent hearing loss), co-ed recreational athletic teams, community service projects, mission trips, volunteer service, etc. Try to get to know other people as much as possible without dating3. Be cheerful, approachable, and friendly - smile regularly to put others at ease (let people see your positive attitude)4. Take a real interest in getting to know others. Ask people an open-ended question about themselves in order to get them talking. Share things related to what’s been said as needed to keep the conversation going. Then ask them another question5. Be polite and kind to everyone - even to people who you don’t like or enjoy being around6. If you decide to not accept a request for a date, do it in a kind way (being rude isn’t a good choice and it doesn’t help you - word about it will get out and you’ll become less approachable)7. Be confident about yourself - if you’re trying to become a stronger person each day, you already have a lot going for you8. Be humble - don’t act like you’re Miss Charming or you’re Mr. Wonderful9. Don’t be concerned about whether or not someone likes you10. Have the attitude that if someone doesn’t like you - they don’t really know you11. Take care of yourself by getting enough sleep (at least nine hours for teens, at least seven hours for adults according to the experts), exercising regularly (if approved by your doctor), and eating a healthy diet12. Develop a good sense of humor - including the ability to laugh at your own mistakes13. Be known as a hard worker14. Dress well and dress modestly at the same time (wearing seductive clothing doesn’t attract another strong person)15. Pay attention to your appearance, but don’t obsess over it (remember that strong people are attracted to other strong people, they’re not too concerned about looks - because they realize that looks fade with age). If you use makeup, make sure it’s not excessive. Use perfumes and colognes sparingly - if at all16. Truly care about other people17. Stay in close communication with real friends who can help you through the ups and downs of life and hold you accountable18. Be patient - real friends can help you with this19. Persevere - please remember that almost nothing worthwhile is quick and easy. Please don’t settle for dating a weak person20. Don’t take it personally if someone doesn’t want to date you21. Don’t act desperate for a date

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up
  • Foofa

It's not the end of the world and if you still want to be with him once you turn 25/26 it then becomes not a big deal at all. 

Age gap is probably the least of your worries. Self employment requires a great deal of dedication, time and effort. If both of you are self employed you probably will feel neglected and you will do a lot of neglecting yourself.

Almost all men are immature for their ages, which is why you forget there's an age gap.  I don't think it's that drastic.  I dated someone 29 when i was 19 for five years.

If it's too big an age gap for one of you two, then it's too big. If it's NOT too big an age gap for EITHER of you, then it's not. It's all subjective.

• ?

I’m 23 and my boyfriend is 32. Quite frankly don’t care what other people think. We both connect to each other in ways women his age don’t connect to him with and ways guys my age don’t connect to me with. Relationships go beyond maturity though. Do two business owners have the means to have time to make for each other, are you compatible? Are your religious beliefs the same? Do you both want kids and to get married? Are your future goal plans the same, long term? Do you see yourself ever changing careers? Is both of your businesses stable? Those things can really determine if you two are compatible , but honestly me and my boyfriend don’t look at our ages as something important 

If you feel a connection with this guy I think you should definitely pursue things with him. The most important thing when forming a relationship with someone is that you share an emotional connection with the person who you are with. In any case, you are both adults so you are at a stage in your lives where you are both capable of making informed emotional decisions. With that being said, many women actually prefer older guys because they are more mature and hence provide stability due to having their lives together.