Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Why can't women accept honesty in a relationship?

He said "if we have another year like the last three months has been I can't say were going to be together". She says "how's that supposed to make me feel?" He responds "i'm not saying we can't make it i'm just saying I don't know if we can". Then she says "if you love me as much as you say you do.... wouldn't you make sure.... that we work?" He goes "I just want it to work."

Updated 5 days ago:

I'm not comparing anything.  He's not honest in your opinion.  You're wrong in assuming it's about me.  It's not even about me.

• Gorgia

I think you need to find better women

• Foofa

One of the dumbest thing one ever reads on these forums is someone having a problem with one other person then ascribing that behavior to every other person who shares that person's gender, race, religion, etc. This isn't a problem with "women", this is a problem with this one woman and she's being intentionally obtuse. But if you are trying to talking her down you're going to want to use phrases like, "we can work on this", "I have faith we can make things better", yadda yadda.

It's poor wordsmithy on the man's behalf.

Women are more specific because women wield words like subtle weapons.

I think it's good u say that . She has no excuse etc and she have you and her purpose . Just tell her nicely etc and hug her etc . But if she say that maybe just she just heard someone say that etc it doesn't sound like her etc . So just try to make her understand that etc . That she can't risk losing you losing everything and it's not good for the job and whatever else etc . Just maybe just hug her more etc 

• Ashley

Because that’s not honesty. You are comparing 3 months to a whole year. They’re 4 times the amount of months in one year. So you would continue on a relationship for a whole year even though the problems have not been getting better? That’s selfish. You need to tell her that the problems you two are having will not make the relationship last. Seeing how both of you don’t seem like good problem solvers, I can assume you two aren’t going to work out.