Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Prince Harry now says the 'toxic' British press was causing him to have mental health problems?

which is why they left the UK.   He also said he didn't walk away.  Really?   And I'd like to know what happens when his Visa which he presumably has, runs out?   And if it came to that, whether he'd take American Citizenship.

Update:

UK and US dual citizenship (nationality).   I wasn't sure about this but it seems he could have dual citizenship although it does have some restrictions -

https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/du...

Update 2:

Correction - it's now reported he said it (the toxic press) was 'destroying his mental health'.   Given how his mother was, some might say the apple clearly does not fall far from the tree?

Update 3:

I have absolutely no problem with Harry taking his 'family' out of the UK for the reasons given although I still think the boy is paranoid and his wife wanted back to the LA from the beginning.   But for somebody who says he wants privacy, he's going a very strange way about that!  No, he wanted his cake and eat it which HM told him in no uncertain way, that that was not possible.  He seems hell bent on trying to upstage the Queen at every turn. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I can accept that he felt he was driven away.  Given all that has gone before it would more remarkable if he didn't feel that way. No idea about his visa status or plans to become a dual citizen, or whatever, but I doubt he could claim he was there in any diplomatic capacity.

• jean
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

He said that when he would hear the click of the cameras he would think of how his mother died (chased by the paparazzi) and it stressed him out.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He's been saying this for months, now. Having lies repeated about one, just being under the media microscope, having every action nitpicked is stressful.

The Spencer daughters, Jane, and Diana, both suffered from eating disorders, and Diana suffered from depression--post-partum and just plain depression. Frances Shand Kydd, Diana's mother, was also said to be highly-strung. And Charles is of a sensitive nature, so genetics could play a part in Harry's issues, but he did loses his mother as a preteen and really did not deal with that loss then, and just is beginning to realize the effect is has on his mental health.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Good on Harry for putting the needs of his young family first — and for speaking the truth about how truly toxic the British press and the fickle British public can be. He still wants to serve. It’s the royal establishment that won’t let him. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Prince Harry has mental not any problems 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.