Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

How likely can you be pregnant if you take a pregnancy test 21 days after having sex?

and it shows you're not pregnant? it means 100% you're not pregnant right?

Update:

Tarkarri you meant 99.9% unlikely for me to be pregnant right?

I assume your sister was consistently sexually active. I'm not since over a month ago.

Update 2:

my urine test was done at the medical lab

Update 3:

its possible, maybe. but i doubt im pregnant. since its been a month, possibly longer since i last had sex, my pregnancy test done at a medical center is negative. i should have conceived already and it wouldve showed up.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A lab test negative that far out is 100% accurate. A negative is negative.

• 2 months ago

Wait after you have missed your period, then test. If you still haven’t gotten your period after a week has passed, try testing again. Wait a few more days. If your period still hasn’t come, then see your doctor and have them run a test. Discuss with them why your period is late and the test is negative.

• 2 months ago

Pregnancy tests are designed to detect a hormone which is never present unless a person is pregnant.  Yours was negative because of that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You may not test positive until up to 2 weeks past your missed period. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Probably more like 99.9% not pregnant.

My sister in law could feel the baby moving (about 5 months) before she got a positive test result.

Multiple urine and blood tests kept coming back negative.  Drs kept telling her it was stress.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Zero I’m afraid as I was born missing my uterus 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.