Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

How likely can you be pregnant if you take a pregnancy test 21 days after having sex?

and it shows you're not pregnant? it means 100% you're not pregnant right?

Tarkarri you meant 99.9% unlikely for me to be pregnant right?

I assume your sister was consistently sexually active. I'm not since over a month ago.

my urine test was done at the medical lab

its possible, maybe. but i doubt im pregnant. since its been a month, possibly longer since i last had sex, my pregnancy test done at a medical center is negative. i should have conceived already and it wouldve showed up.

Favorite Answer

A lab test negative that far out is 100% accurate. A negative is negative.

Wait after you have missed your period, then test. If you still haven’t gotten your period after a week has passed, try testing again. Wait a few more days. If your period still hasn’t come, then see your doctor and have them run a test. Discuss with them why your period is late and the test is negative.

Pregnancy tests are designed to detect a hormone which is never present unless a person is pregnant.  Yours was negative because of that.

You may not test positive until up to 2 weeks past your missed period. 

Probably more like 99.9% not pregnant.

My sister in law could feel the baby moving (about 5 months) before she got a positive test result.

Multiple urine and blood tests kept coming back negative.  Drs kept telling her it was stress.

• Robin

Zero I’m afraid as I was born missing my uterus