Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What happens if you don't clean your air ducts?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The air which comes out to heat the house will be loaded with dust and dirt. 

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

While that's great, there's also dust and dust mites settling into the air ducts. Unless the ducts are cleaned from time to time, the dust and the mites will be part of what you breathe in. ... *Mold and Mildew: Condensation can set up in the duct system and leave behind enough residue to trigger the growth of mold.

• 1 month ago

It could cause a fire. Especially if you are talking about your clothes dryer, air ducts.. But for most furnaces, there's not a problem.

• 1 month ago

You can get a dust and debris build-up in the lower areas. It is worth doing every ten years. I have mine cleaned when I bought my house and changed the heater.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They land in the pond...& walk on the grass & pooh.U have never been to a park to see this? S A D

• 1 month ago

Truthfully, your air ducts rarely NEED to be cleaned. They are a closed system for the most part. The most you'll end up with is dust.  A good furnace filter takes care of most other things. That's what they're for. 

And those companies that tell you different are scamming you. Seriously. They charge a mint for 'cleaning' something that is probably not even needing to be cleaned. 

• 1 month ago

Dirt will accumulate and you'll grow tomatoes. That is, if a random tomato seed happens to float by.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

they get dirty and dust and in the end they wont work from being blocked .

• 2 months ago

runny nose ,you honk like geese,sneeze perhaps cough owing to dust and mold or bacilli that roost on duct surfaces

• 2 months ago

Nothing.........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.