Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is it wrong to reject a girlfriend because she has sexual preferences you find distasteful?

A few years ago, I met an attractive young woman and started dating her.  She soon told me she wanted me to spank her and that she enjoyed 'water sports'.  The thought of doing these things upset me. I saw her in a new and negative light.  I felt like if I did those actions, it would kill something in my spirit, so I told her I would not see her anymore.  Was this a valid reason to end a relationship?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • T J
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure was a valid reason, id leave also.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you truly love her then no you wouldn't leave her

Respect her sexual preference

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You did the right thing. 

You should hook her up with the guy On another post  that had the gf that wasn’t into water sports. Apparently he had a nice big tub built just for “water sports”

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

As good a reason as any. And if that's what she really likes, you did her a favor by leaving. Now she can look for someone who will enjoy the things she does.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It sure was.  Sexual compatibility, whatever form it may take, is crucial to a couple's relationships. You were totally in the right to move on. 

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yup I think it is fine

• 2 months ago

While I do not believe you should stay with someone not compatible with your sex style, I believe dumping her without first talking to her about what you would prefer whilst having sex with her was a rather large over reaction. Next time, if ever, this should happen, try having a conversation with the girl first to see if she is willing to compromise.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you ended it without even talking about it, this is an over-reaction.  Like they say, communication is a big part of sex.  If you don't want to do these things, fine.  Nobody should EVER do something sexually they don't like.  But the way you wrote this, you seem to think this meant there's something wrong with her.  That's not true or fair.  There's nothing bizarre about what she wanted, esp the water sports.  If this happens again, maybe talk about other options to spice things up, rather than bail on the relationship without even trying that.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, sexual compatibility is important and if you don't have it with her then she's not someone you should be trying to date. 

• 2 months ago

Dude, you don't need a 'valid' reason to end a dating relationship.  That's strictly reserved for contract relationships, such as marriage and common-law.  In order to end a marriage, someone in the contract needs a reason that will convince a court of law.  To end any other type of relationship, from casual sex to engaged, just say so.  Any reason is a valid reason.

If a girl is too kinky for you, that's a reason to stop dating her.  If you don't like her taste in music, that's a valid reason to stop dating her.  If the way she laughs annoys you, that's a valid reason.  If you found (or think you've found) someone younger / prettier / dirtier than her, that's a valid reason.

You only need a 'valid' reason to break up with someone if you actually marry them.  Remember that before you buy anyone any rings.  Seriously, remember it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.