Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ahai
Lv 5
Ahai asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Do you consider goldfish as pets? ?

Or are they more like decorations that needs to be fed? Can't do much with goldfish... 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • RoVale
    Lv 7
    2 days ago

They're pets to people who want animals that are quiet, low maintenance, and don't need a lot of care.

• 4 weeks ago

yes I do consider them as pets.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Goldfish are excellent starter pets for children or for folks not permitted to own cats, dogs or those with allergies to furred creatures. By following proper feeding techniques and aquarium care, goldies can live up to ten years or longer. They are considered the hardiest of freshwater fish and easiest to maintain.

• 1 month ago

I consider them pets, even though I only watch them.

Actually, you can teach them to do tricks.  I never have, but I have seen kits for that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, but interactions are one way - basically you feeding them. They can be interesting to watch.

• 2 months ago

theyre pets, get a puppy if you want a real pet

• 2 months ago

my fish cone out to greet me, eat out of my hands, That's more them my cat does some days.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are pets. How much you can do with an animal does not determine whether or not its a pet but you can do more than you think with goldfish. People train them to go through hoops, push a ball into a goal and do all sorts of tricks. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.