Ahai
Ahai asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Do you consider goldfish as pets? ?

Or are they more like decorations that needs to be fed? Can't do much with goldfish... 

• RoVale
    2 days ago

They're pets to people who want animals that are quiet, low maintenance, and don't need a lot of care.

yes I do consider them as pets.

• ?

Goldfish are excellent starter pets for children or for folks not permitted to own cats, dogs or those with allergies to furred creatures. By following proper feeding techniques and aquarium care, goldies can live up to ten years or longer. They are considered the hardiest of freshwater fish and easiest to maintain.

I consider them pets, even though I only watch them.

Actually, you can teach them to do tricks.  I never have, but I have seen kits for that.

Yes, but interactions are one way - basically you feeding them. They can be interesting to watch.

theyre pets, get a puppy if you want a real pet

my fish cone out to greet me, eat out of my hands, That's more them my cat does some days.

• ?

They are pets. How much you can do with an animal does not determine whether or not its a pet but you can do more than you think with goldfish. People train them to go through hoops, push a ball into a goal and do all sorts of tricks.