Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 month ago

Is it wrong to torrent all my favorite 90s television, instead of subscribing to 5+ streaming services?

Yes, I know torrenting copyrighted TV is deemed illegal in the eyes of the law. Do YOU (as in YOURSELF) consider it wrong? 

I DO subscribe to Netflix, but it doesn't always have everything, and stuff is constantly removed without warning. Is it wrong to simply torrent my favorite 90s shows, instead of signing up for 5+ individual streaming services, or buying DRM infested content that you can't do anything with?

• ?

It is illegal if you get caught, and moral wrong, but that rarely ever stops anyone.

I try to limit my torrents to things that are now in the public domain, or things never copyrighted, so it does not leave much, but I have a good collection of old stories.

• ?

Not at all. I torrent all the series i like. Use a VPN though.

• i + i

Actually, downloading them is not illegal. 

What is illegal is sharing/distributing them, 

which is what you are doing when using 

most forms of the torrent protocol (little 

pieces of the files you are downloading 

are also made available to others to 

download FROM you). 

it is if its illegal

Since it's a felony, then  by definition it would be wrong.

• ?

it is if its illegal