Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

can your parents see your search history threw the wifi router?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The answer is a big YES. Routers keep logs to store WiFi history, WiFi providers can check these logs and see WiFi browsing history. WiFi admins can see your browsing history and even use a packet sniffer to intercept your private data.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The answer is a big YES. Routers keep logs to store WiFi history, WiFi providers can check these logs and see WiFi browsing history.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Many routers do remember recently visited web sites, and this list can be viewed in the router's built-in web page. Sometimes it will say which device made the request. If you look up the user's guide for the router you can see what features it has without having to hack in to peek.

• 2 months ago

If they are knowledgeable, yes.  Parents that can, below 1 percent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, my dad does this every day. That's why I use mobile data when I have to do something illegal. You know, what I mean.. LMAO

• 2 months ago

Not your search history directly, but possibly indirectly.  It depends on the router, what info it saves and how it is setup, but it is possible phey can see the URLs you visited and that would include any search engine that has the search topic as part of the URL (like Google).

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most parents do not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.