Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

removing window tint?

i just got my windows tinted and it's a lot darker than I thought. I'm deciding if I should remove my back window tint....will it make it lighter in the car?

• ?

Yes. Removing the tint will allow more light into your car.

Yeah..Makes it better for night driving and see if that was a body you hit through your rear view mirror.. Go to a paint store and ask for a single edge razor blade. These are not for shaving but for cleaning off window glass of paint and stickers.(window film is a sticker)  Steel will NOT scratch glass. They are the same hardness.

Take one fingernail and scratch the other.  You can't do it as both fingernails are the same degree of hardness.    Same idea.

If you tinted over a defroster grid, you will be sorry.

Just lighten the side windows, and leave the rear as is.

• CB

The reason for tinting windows is to reduce the amount sunshine entering through the glass - so by removing tint logically it would allow more light into the car.