Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

has the queen lead a fairy tail life?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

These days, a fairy tail life can mean living in charity housing, hobbling out occasionally to the Onchan lavatories to try to catch some of those fairy tails. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Two components of a certain royal fairy tale are there for sure — the wicked stepmother (Camilla Parker Bowles) and the two awkward unfashionable stepsisters (Eugenie and Beatrice, who, in actuality, are granddaughters of the Queen, not stepsisters...but, nonetheless, are awkward and unfashionable). 

• 1 month ago

HM's life has had more Corgi tails than fairy tales.

• 1 month ago

It's spelled TALE. That's the tail of an animal.

Yes, I would day so. Except maybe during the war. Where , if Germany had taken over, the family may have been executed. Can't say what Hitler would have done.

From my  viewpoint, the royal family has no financial problems. They also live like royalty.🙂🙂🙂

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

A fairy tail life?  No. I wasn't aware fairies were supposed to have tails, but even if they did, the Queen's life would have nothing to do with them.

A fairy tale life?  In some ways, yes.  Most people don't enjoy the titles and privileges and experiences she has had.  Our only experience of them is vicarious, and fairy tales are among the ways in which we become acquainted with royal life, or what we like to think royal life is.

She's had her share of sorrows, but anyone who reads classic fairy tales know that they are teeming with horrors. Life for royals in fairy tales isn't all titles, tiaras, and thrones.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

After all of the problems her family has put her through, I hardly think it a "fairy tail" life. The insulates, although not direct, have been resolvingly so.

• 1 month ago

The default ending for fairy tales is 'happy ever after'. the queen is 94 years and she's still working.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Nothing in life is perfect and a fairy tale life would suggest the Queen has had such perfection, but not so. What QE has proven, she is a well disciplined, caring and an intelligent woman who's reigned effectively and with precision for over seventy years. May she continue to do well and who ever succeeds do equally as well, if not better. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  The War, The War, The Fire, The Deaths, The mixed marriage, The fragmenting of the Empire, The Terrorism, The other terrorism,  The exiling,

• 1 month ago

My ex husband Bruce always said fairy tails, he was semi literate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.