Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Did Sir Tom Moore die a broken man after seeing his country fall under the jackboot of the kind of people he fought in the war ?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sir Tom died as a hero, with the adulation of the country supporting him. He achieved an incredible amount in his last years, and was loved by many. 

Bless him. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

id you csnt ask sensible questions then dont bother asking nonsensical ones dummy

• 2 months ago

The families jaunt to Barbardos in December, and the surprise and distress of the UK people was kept from him according to his Daughter. THAT would have broken him she said. It was a thoughtless act that made him develop Pneumonia and Covit. He only influenced those unable to think for themselves. He did nothing for me. I am sure he would have loved our Conservative government.

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

maybe he died of old age , after all he was old!!!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This has been asked before. As you were told at the time, how could we know how he felt about the world after the war.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think there is a lack of perspective here.   His military record was nothing out of the ordinary.   Even his Captain's rank was strictly temporary, and there are thousands of people in this country who have seen much more combat in the last twenty years than he ever did.

• F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

While I admire and am grateful to him for serving in the war, let’s get it into perspective what he did in the months before he died. He walked round his garden.

It was the people who gave £30m who should be thanked.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He did not fight to see this country inundated with non-Whites or sex perverts.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He died after catching Covid in an NHS hospital. Says it all I think.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, he died because he took a freebie to Barbados for a month and missed having a vaccine.

• 2 months ago

Colonel Captain Sir Tom Moore had more vigor in his last year of life than you'll ever muster.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.