Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Should I confront her about our first date?

Went on a date with a really beautiful girl, lovely personality and really makes me laugh. She offered to pay for dinner and I said it was ok I would pay so she put her purse away. Then we decided to see a movie and I noticed that when I was paying for the tickets she didn't offer to pay. The date was so good and we made out for most of the movie.

I want to bring this issue up with her, it has been two days since our date. Should I do a video call and confront her about not offering to pay for the movie? I have dated gold diggers before and I don't want another one.

Favorite Answer

She is not a golddigger. You invited her on a date and you are obligated for ALL the expenses. She had offered for dinner and that message to her was to accept your paying. If you confront her about not paying for the movie you are the one who looks like a tightfisted tightwad and your chance of another date are slim.

You told her you would pay. She listened and heard you and didn't want to bother you with having to repeat it so she let you pay There is NOTHING gold digger about that! There is no issue. Next time you ask her out, say it'll have to be "dutch". That's the end of it. She did nothing wrong by believing you when you said that you would pay. 

• g

You said you would pay, it was assumed you were paying for the DATE. When you decided to go to the movie, you could have said, since I got dinner how about you pay for the movie.

• ?

Gold digger who offered to pay for dinner; that is extremely unusual! Make your call - it will almost certainly be your last with her!