Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

How can I tell her I love her without saying those 3 words?

I want to tell my girlfriend I love her but I don't want to get hurt or rejected. Is there another way I could say it to her so that she reads between the lines? I have said to her that when I really love someone I really squeeze them when I hug them and that is what I do to her. I told her my heart just melts.

Do you think she would understand that I was trying to say "I love you" without saying it? Or should I be clearer and if so how can I say it or bring the topic up as a discussion to find out if she feels the same way? 

Favorite Answer

Faint heart never won fair lady, 'tis said. You have to be more willing to take the risk, if you are going to play the game of love.While you are dilly dallying around, beating around the bush, she'll possibly figure out that you don't care as much as she does, if she does, and leave you for someone else. The next move is yours.  Good luck,

Show her, don't tell her. Be there when she needs you, listen when she tells you something, keep your promises big and small (like texting if you say you will or remembering her birthday), hold her, kiss her, dance with her, etc. Eventually, she will say it to you and you can say it back, or you will blurt it out because you can't hold it in any longer. 

Vulnerability is part of being in love. Every minute you spend in a relationship, every moment your give your heart to someone else, you risk rejection or loss. That's just the way it is. 

Try , "I cherish you". But maybe you don't need to say anything if you are afraid to do so. 

• ?

Don't play games. You will confuse her and still feel hurt and frustrated when she fails to magically read your mind. If you aren't ready to say it for real, then don't say it. Love requires trust and vulnerability. You don't really love her if you don't trust her intentions. You are still in the infatuation phase and that's fine, let it be what it is and don't overthink things.

• ?

You won't gain much respect if you are frightened of rejection, which most young people seem to be. Crabs circle around their pray (love or whatever!) rather than going straight to the point. Rams and bulls go straight to it. What are you\/

We fall madly in love, don’t we, thinking (feeling rather) that it will last forever and is enough for a serious relationship. However, it’s very hard to live on an emotional high for very long. Eventually we start to come down from the ecstasy, excitement, strong passions and desires, typically after around 18 months to three years (people vary of course). If couples are friends, discuss their mutual values, shared ambitions, interests, etc., in some depth (obviously there will be some differences, which help make relationships interesting), and make plans, work on their personal development, etc., this can develop into a long and wonderful relationship. If one feels insecure or low in self respect, it can make for a difficult partnership. It's easy to behave at our best when in love, but marriage, for example, requires a lot of self discipline, sacrifice, compromise and flexibility. If a strong friendship is not in place, the relationship will probably peter out eventually - or worse. Quite often we fall in love because we are lonely and allow ourselves to be won over by anyone who takes an interest in us. Thus we give away control to somebody else if we are not careful. This is another reason for taking things very slowly, and really getting to know someone before committing ourselves or getting too emotionally or sexually involved. Sex can be emotionally bonding, which is disastrous if the other things are not there: strong friendship, similar values and standards, common interests, etc.

Man up and tell her.

As a man, you should be so charismatic, charming, and seductive to her that she should be the one that says that to you. The woman is the one who is supposed to say that first because men fall in love a lot faster than women do, so if you tell her and she's not ready to hear it, you will permanently turn her off and there will be no coming back. She will turn off all of what little feelings she has for you like a light switch. Chances are if she hasn't told you six months into the relationship, then you have probably not been playing your cards right and being the charismatic and seductive man you should be, and should try again with another woman and learn from your mistakes.