Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 month ago

Is it possible to travel 20 km in one day by feet?

3+?=8 please help me it school work maths 

yes..................

• Zirp

If your body and shoes are in working order, yes.

Roman legionaries often did 40 kilometer a day, and here in the netherlands we have "four-day-marches" in which civilians walk 30, 40 or 50 a day

Yes that is ~12.5 Mi.

You walk ~ 3 Mi/hr

That is a 4 hr walk.

Yes.. I can travel  20 km a day by feet. It will only take me 4 hours to complete  20 km if my speed is 5 km/h..

• ?

Yes , I can personally verify that having walked that far in a day on several occasions , 23 miles (37km) is my record.

It is definitely possible.

Definitely.  I've never been a well-trained athlete, but have walked as much as 12 or 14 km in a day (with some rest stops!) -- it is said that a well trained person might walk 30 miles in a day (that's around 50 km).

Absolutely. 

A slow walker can easily manage 3 km/h so they'd complete it in under 7 hours. And a faster walker can manage upwards of 7 km/h which would mean less than 3 hours.

YES!!!! 

20 km is approximately 13 miles.

I am now 78 years of age and can do this walk in about 4 hours. 

If the terrain is easy and smooth , then 4hours is reasonable. However, if the terrain is rough ( hilly or muddy etc) then it will take longer, but still can be done in one day.  

NB When you ask by 'feet' , I think you mean to walk the distance.