Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 month ago

Is it possible to travel 20 km in one day by feet?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

3+?=8 please help me it school work maths 

• 1 month ago

yes..................

• Zirp
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If your body and shoes are in working order, yes.

Roman legionaries often did 40 kilometer a day, and here in the netherlands we have "four-day-marches" in which civilians walk 30, 40 or 50 a day

• 1 month ago

Yes that is ~12.5 Mi.

You walk ~ 3 Mi/hr

That is a 4 hr walk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes.. I can travel  20 km a day by feet. It will only take me 4 hours to complete  20 km if my speed is 5 km/h..

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes , I can personally verify that having walked that far in a day on several occasions , 23 miles (37km) is my record.

• 1 month ago

It is definitely possible.

• 1 month ago

Definitely.  I've never been a well-trained athlete, but have walked as much as 12 or 14 km in a day (with some rest stops!) -- it is said that a well trained person might walk 30 miles in a day (that's around 50 km).

• 1 month ago

Absolutely. 

A slow walker can easily manage 3 km/h so they'd complete it in under 7 hours. And a faster walker can manage upwards of 7 km/h which would mean less than 3 hours.

• 1 month ago

YES!!!! 

20 km is approximately 13 miles.

I am now 78 years of age and can do this walk in about 4 hours. 

If the terrain is easy and smooth , then 4hours is reasonable. However, if the terrain is rough ( hilly or muddy etc) then it will take longer, but still can be done in one day.  

NB When you ask by 'feet' , I think you mean to walk the distance. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.