Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

What is happening to me?

I'm still only 61, but sometimes I forget things that I shouldn't forget. Give me a blank in a moment and I forget whether or not I greeted a person who is in front of me, for example, I look like a rude person.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

i am literally your numbers flipped and am the exact same. it could be something more than just being forgetful but i wouldn't worry unless it becomes more disabling. i have no idea what causes it too but maybe it is normal. maybe try to think back to when it started or if it has been an issue your whole life but never really noticed it.

• 2 months ago

I am the same age as you but I tend to forget people's faces and names yet I have a good visual memory for movies, series, and classic novels. 

I can easily recall the characters and recall verbatim the first paragraphs from most of Dickens's novels.

I am also able to recall the first books I read as a teenager too. 

I suggest that you take some Sibelius Sage vitamins and stick to a healthy diet.

• 2 months ago

Being forgetful does occur as we get older. If you think it is something more than occasional forgetfulness (misplacing the car keys, for example), then have your doctor run some tests. Be sure you are eating a balanced diet and getting plenty of rest as well. 

• Jim
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I forgot what I was going to say. Sorry

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You're stating to get forgetfulness.

It's pretty normal.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It seems a bit early to get Alzheimer's or so. But when we get old it's quite easy to forget things and become less confident. I developed this symptom much early than you. It is normal to get blunt, even it appeared blank In mind for a while. Guarantee enough rest and keep doing excuse might help but couldn't avoid this flaw. It's not a big deal. Try to note down crucial issues and make a to-do list to help you do things. At your age, still, several years ahead to retire, practice more and ignore those inconveniences.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

its called alzheimers, have fun being blissfully ignorant

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

61 , not good you might have alzheimers  disease or being a dirty old man .

• Gloria
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

It's called getting old. As we get older our bodies rejuvenating processes starts to slow down.

• Hope!
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Has this started in the past year with Covid? I think it could be because we are not socializing as much..  here's an article on this topic.. I've seen this in myself, and in my friends too! So what to do - go online and research how to improve the memory. One thing to remember - doing puzzles is not going to cut it - they become easy, which is the equivalent of lifting 2 lb weights.. you want something challenging.. learning a new language, that is the equivalent of lifting 50 lb weights! :-) In my experience.. but that is exactly what your brain needs.. try and get out more to socialize too - cognitive decline happens when we are isolated.. 

https://www.the-scientist.com/features/how-social-...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.