Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I wake my 2 month old twins to eat during the night?

My twin boys are 2 months old and they sleep 5-8 hours straight mostly they sleep 8 hours a night. Is it ok to let them sleep or should I wake them to feed? PLEASE HELP.

Would you like to be shook awake to eat when you are not already awake and hungry?

OF COURSE NOT!

Let sleeping babies sleep! If they were hungry, they will certainly let you know it. 

I am →shocked← that you are even asking this question.

Ugh! That's a sadistic hospital routine! If they're sleeping soundly, let them be. It can even be harmful to constantly interrupt REM sleep (yes, babies do dream).

• L

Why would you wake them up just to feed them? If they sleep 8 hours.......let them sleep.  They will wake up when they are hungry, wet/messy diaper or cold.

• Rita

Why would you waken those kids?  Let them sleep and get your own rest while you're at it.

If they aren't waking up to want food, let them be. They know when they are hungry, and they will let you know. I really doubt they will lose weight because of this, so let them be.

At this age, they'll let you know if they're hungry and wake up. That is really a good problem to have sleeping 8 hours a night. We barely get 3 hours in with our little one at this age.

By this age  - if they are sleeping, then they are not hungry.  You only need to be concerned with waking for feeding if a NEWBORN is not waking after four hours.

Your babies are not newborns and you can let them sleep until they have a need unless you feel it has truly been excessive.  (past 8 hours would probably be a time to wake them if they had not done so themselves.)

If you still have doubts - ask their doctor.  

i would ask their pediatrician about it

Under no circumstances should you wake a sleeping baby to ensure preservation of your own sanity. You appear to have given birth to a couple of angels.