Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

I often hear on the news that climate change is an “existential threat.”  What exactly does that mean?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I have no idea....why would any one say that or phrase it that way?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It means if the temperature rises a degree, all life as we know it is over.  If it is 71 DegF outside instead of 70, I am sure we can all agree that life is over.  Nothing could survive that.  It means we have to turn over all our freedoms and money to fascists that promise to save the planet for us.  It is just something that is obvious.  Come on Man.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It means big pharma is going to exploit us once again. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it is such a threat, why do I keep hearing -for the past 50 years-the same argument without anything being done about it?  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

don't drink the kool-aid. they have been saying that for 50 years.

• 2 months ago

maybe that its not really a threat

• BB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is code for..."If you (not We) don't lower your standard of living and pay crazy high taxes, then you're gonna die...and...we mean it this time!!"

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

An existential threat means that humans could be totally wiped off the planet.  It will be mass extinction. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Another fake "question" from Dirac/Jim2/socks-R-us.

His new technique is posting these seeming naive and innocuous "questions."

It's Dirac, for sure.  He's just going to give himself best answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.