Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

What do I do if I have a little motor oil on my hands?

I don't want to wash it off in my septic tank.

Update:

I already touched my phone with it on my hands. How do I get it off my phone?

Update 2:

I just said I don't want to wash it off in my septic system pearl. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Troll.  Fishing for dumbos.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wash your hands.

And clean you phone with isopropyl alcohol on a cloth,

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The septic system has in it meat fat , cooking oil, bacon fat, schit, penis lube, body oils as you sweat, hair oil, -- so motor oil won't phase it.  You will notice that soap breaks down oil, it washes off the hands.

Your septic system holds 1000 gallons so what is a couple of DROPS?  Nothing. Or you can wipe your hands on your lawn and on a cloth rag.

Otherwise you are "weird"

• Adele
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you get motor oil on your skin, wash with soap and water asap. Any Mild lotion can be used to help with the dryness. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you get motor oil on your skin, wash well with soap and water as soon as possible. A mild lotion can be used to help with the dryness. If you think someone has been exposed to motor oil, immediately call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 or check the webPOISONCONTROL® online tool for help.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As far as trolling goes, you're a special kind of slow.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What is wrong with washing with a little dish liquid - do you drink out of your septic tank - no reason not to use the sink/

• 1 month ago

you could try washing them off in the sink

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Turpentine is a solvent, just like water is. Get a jug of water and do it outside. 

The problem is that a solvent might pull (absorb) chemicals into your skin also.

Diamond. Pure Gum Spirits of Turpentine (seems to be "food grade"). 

Your body can take a tablespoon a day (I've heard), but perhaps more.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you could try washing it off in the sink

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.