Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

How to incorporate Claim-Evidence-Reasoning (CER) onto any activity?

I have a really cool lesson planned but I want to incorporate CER to get my students thinking deeper about the topic. I was wondering if just adding a problem question to the end of my lesson and having the students explain and discuss why would be enough to fulfill a CER?

No. What is your lesson about? Demonstrate what CER is by announcing the parts of your lesson. CLAIM: The sea will become the source of most nutrition for humans.  Then list and explain EVIDENCE: species of plants and their nutritional value, unexplored depths of the sea that are revealing new sea creatures, lack of enough land to produce food for the growing population. Then REASONING: If we run out of land to cultivate food, we will have to resort to the sea in order to survive.