Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

How to incorporate Claim-Evidence-Reasoning (CER) onto any activity?

I have a really cool lesson planned but I want to incorporate CER to get my students thinking deeper about the topic. I was wondering if just adding a problem question to the end of my lesson and having the students explain and discuss why would be enough to fulfill a CER?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No. What is your lesson about? Demonstrate what CER is by announcing the parts of your lesson. CLAIM: The sea will become the source of most nutrition for humans.  Then list and explain EVIDENCE: species of plants and their nutritional value, unexplored depths of the sea that are revealing new sea creatures, lack of enough land to produce food for the growing population. Then REASONING: If we run out of land to cultivate food, we will have to resort to the sea in order to survive. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.