Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Why am I gaining so much weight, getting stretch marks everywhere and getting bloated even though I don’t eat a lot?

I don’t eat McDonald’s, meat or fast food everyday. When am I getting so fat and bloated? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Could it be genetic in case you are also not consuming lot of sodas and sugars ?

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Dieting ALWAYS fails and exercise has almost nothing to do with significant fat loss or gain. 

Sugar and other sources of fructose outside of whole foods like HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, syrups and white flour products are the primary driver of fat gain,  poor health and obesity. 

You're getting fatter because your diet is making you fatter.   Especially if you are vegan or vegetarian.   It's practically impossible to get enough of all of the essential amino acids from plants.  Good luck trying. 

As a classic meat/fat/flavor substitute,  most vegans and vegetarians add copious amounts of sugar (thinking honey or nectar isn't sugar, but source of too much fructose it is) to their otherwise quite healthy diet. 

Regular fructose,  alcohol, trans fats and corn-fed animal products are the big 4 causes of liver dysfunction that causes obesity,  diabetes II, most heart disease, most hypothyroidism,  most PCOS, most acne/skin disorders,  the list goes on. 

Not everyone gets fat at the same time.   That's the extent of the genetic factor. 

Well, that and epigenetic action that leaves offspring of obese and sick people MORE PRONE to being sick and fat.

This is true regardless of agreement. 

PS: you're addicted to fructose and you are using it's manipulation of your dopamine as a salve to ease your stress. 

I favored cigarettes,  but most of my problems were sugar.  No judgement for being an addict. 

It's a medical problem; not a character flaw.

Source(s): Biochemistry
  • 2 months ago

The ketogenic diet or as like some people prefer to call it; the

Keto diet or low carb diet is about consuming a lot of protein

and fats but fewer carbs. This diet makes the body send the

fats that we consume to the liver, which the latter transform it

into energy to keep the body strong and active for a long time

without feeling tired quickly.

check this link : https://linktr.ee/ketodiet1212

• 2 months ago

You could be consuming too many calories for your level of activity.  Bloating is almost always due to consuming grains, legumes and vegetables or fizzy drinks.  Meat won't cause weight gain or bloating.  

I'd suggest that you try tracking your calories and making sure your at or below the BMR for your current body weight.  Also try eliminating sugar, soft drinks, fruit juice, dairy and grains.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well are you drinking a lot of unhealthy drinks? Sodas, milkshakes and fruit juices can make you fat as well. Try just having plain water to drink. If that alongside healthy eating doesn't help you lose weight, you might want to see the doctor

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Try eating less and/or exercising more.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Ask your doctor about having a full blood panel done.

Could be an imbalance of some sort.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some times exercise helps you may be retaining stuff you dont need you may be  exercising  you dont say , if so it may be a medical reason and a doctor would be the best advice 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.