Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 2 months ago

How does the "friend suggestions" trigger on Facebook?

I swear, this thing creeps me out. I recently got a friend suggestion and it was an ex girlfriend of mine, and I remember getting one from her months before that... the weird thing is that my facebook profile is NOT the same profile when I used to date this girl, and I don't have any friends in common with her so I don't understand how Facebook are finding a link between us.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Daniel

Facebook Suggests Friends to you Based on Information that's on your Profile So

Where you go to School

Where you work

Where you Live

People who your Friends with Facebook Suggests there Friends to you

Based on that Facebook comes up with Suggestions on people for you to Add

They are only suggestions tho keep in mind you Do not have to Add anybody that you don't want to

Its not just Mutual Friends