Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Do straight men wear bowties?

Or it more of a gay man thing

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes Real men wear Bowties and Gay men also like Streight men wear Underpants

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think it’s more upper class eccentrics rather than gays.

• Nick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, if they are college professors, gas station employees, snooker players, or British secret agents

• 1 month ago

My Dad always did.  

It's more an old man thing.  Or a "I want to be different" thing.  

Doctors sometimes wear bowties because it's actually super dangerous for anyone wearing a regular tie to treat patients.  (They can dangle in wounds, if you cough it lands on the tie, and most people don't clean ties that often.)   Louis Farrakhan does and I think he is straight.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, straight men do wear bow ties.

Attachment image
  • Cee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I guess it's like the question of whether a guy wearing a turtleneck is gay.

Personally I think bowties look geeky ( think original Archie and Jimmy Olsen from the 1940s-'50s comics ), but they're fine with a tuxedo for formal occasions. 

• 1 month ago

Straight French men do, straight Italian men do, straight American men? No way

• 1 month ago

My niece's husband wears bow ties to work.  He is in the medical sales field.  The bow tie makes him noticeable and rememberable to his customers.

• 1 month ago

They're not common but they're as classy as ever when worn.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A lot of suits are sold with bowties.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.