Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

Marriott or Hilton? Point cards when traveling ?

My husband and I have been traveling frequently and are debating between the Hilton Honors or the Marriott card. Which is nicer Marriott or Hilton? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I am a member of the Hilton rewards program.  I researched and found that I had more opportunities to earn points through it because there are more hotels from that group in the locations to which I typically travel.  The programs seemed relatively similar to me when I was researching them.

• 1 month ago

They are both very similar as far as hotel chains so they have very comparable options. To research which might be better from a "points" standpoint, you might want to check websites/blogs like thepointsguy and similar. They give the lowdown and point values, ease of redemptions, credit card perks, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It varies from one location to the next, but you're smart to go with only one loyalty program for hotels. The Hiltons I stay at are always fine, sometimes really nice, and IIRC, their rewards program also includes Hampton Inn and Doubletree Inn,so I can pick up or spend points in smaller cities, too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.