Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

How can I get rid of strep throat in the early stages, and how can I avoid getting it again from a carrier?

So I had strep throat about a month ago, I took antibiotics after the first few day of having it, and it went away. This morning I woke up and my throat was feeling a bit unusual and uncomfortable, it doesn't hurt to swallow or anything yet, but I just had this weird feeling in my throat. I checked the mirror and I see miniature sores, last time I had strep throat they were huge sores at the back of my throat. But right now they're quite small. How can I get rid of it fast before it gets worse? I really do not want to go through this again.

And also, I think my boyfriend may be a strep carrier, because he has had it a few times before we met, and I've never had it until about a month into when we started dating, and now I have it again? How can I avoid getting it again in the future?

I realize my wording was a bit off. But I did take all the prescription I was given. I meant that I took antibiotics after the first few days that I had strep throat. Meaning, I had strep throat for a few days before I got antibiotic, and I followed through with it to the end and it went away. Sorry for the bad wording!

Try saline gargles. Even strep will get better on its own, antibiotics are just faster. We’re you actually cultured for strep? Both of you should be.

When we have strep or another infection, we need to take ALL of the prescription we are given, not just for a few days.  Just because you might feel better after a few days, it doesn't mean the infection is gone.

Go to a doctor because if it's strep, it's not something to mess with.