Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Should I call the landlord if I lost the keys to my apartment ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

you have to....even if you call a locksmith r change the locks yourself, you have to give the landlord a new key....and if there is also a common door to the building, the landlord especially needs to know that key was lost for security reasons.

if a roommate also has a key that you can copy, you can just make yourself another copy...even if it says do not copy...just go to a self serve kiosk.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yeah, you better.  You could ofer to change the locks yourself (if that's something you can do) and give him a spare key.  Otherwise he'll charge you for changing the locks and with a set of keys missing he really should change the locks.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. With luck he will have spare keys cut for you and charge you for it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.