Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Should I call the landlord if I lost the keys to my apartment ?

Favorite Answer

you have to....even if you call a locksmith r change the locks yourself, you have to give the landlord a new key....and if there is also a common door to the building, the landlord especially needs to know that key was lost for security reasons.

if a roommate also has a key that you can copy, you can just make yourself another copy...even if it says do not copy...just go to a self serve kiosk.

• ?

Yeah, you better.  You could ofer to change the locks yourself (if that's something you can do) and give him a spare key.  Otherwise he'll charge you for changing the locks and with a set of keys missing he really should change the locks.

Yes. With luck he will have spare keys cut for you and charge you for it.