Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jews: Would many more of us Jews be observant if Shoah had never happened?

No offense towards any Jew, no matter if they don't observe anything or of they are very observant. I am just curious how Shoah might have negatively impacted our Jewish identity. 

That's very true Eddie! Very sad part of history unfortunately.

Eddie: Good point you make. We can't be sure about what would have happened, we can only guess. Many factors I'm sure shaped our Jewish identity, it wasn't just The Holocaust I'm sure. Guessing really does nothing for our wellbeing. Thanks for your input.

• EddieJ
    Favorite Answer

[Edit: So, the answer should be obvious.  If the percentage of observant didn't change, the number would increase with an increase of population.  Did you mean to ask about percentages?  Even if you did, people can only guess.  There are many more factors in play.]

You probably don't want to hear this but if the Shoah had never happened more Jews would be eating corned beef.  Do you understand that?