Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

What is the worst possible  knee injury an athlete could have where the person will never walk or workout again?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have had both knees replaced. I can walk for hours, play tennis, climb mountains, I can do anything. Anon is not correct, joints can be replaced with a knee replacement.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

knee replacement  or where the joint is so far gone surgery can't repair it. The person can be  recommended to go to a permanent  nursing home.. . Are you asking this because it might happen to you.. keep in mind if you have some  pain where it hurts when running  but not when you stretch it still could be permanent  joint damage. If you have so much pain you can't walk it could be still  nothing serious. Pain always doesn't indicate how serious or non serious an injury is. Take it serious and see an orthopedic  asap  before you further damage it. Sometimes minimal pain can get gradual  worse even if you think its minor then later the pain is excruciating.  Im sure your nervous if your an athlete it could be over for you bud..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.