Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Am I a terrible person for hating my friends baby?  ?

Our friend had a baby and all she does is talk about the baby, and my Facebook feed is always pictures of the baby. 

I am a lesbian with PCOS so the chances of me having my own kid are very slim.  When straight women accidentally fall pregnant I resent them for how simple it is for them.  

I know it's wrong,  and I don't want to feel this way. But everytime I see a pic on Facebook or hear about the baby I feel so mad and hurt I don't know what to do about it.  

I guess I just want to know if I'm the only person who's gone through this?  

I'm not jealous of the attention, and I don't really hate the baby.  I guess I resent that it's always being shoved in my face.  I don't have the option to just get pregnant by accident. I probably couldn't even get pregnant if I paid thousands of dollars and genuinely tried to.

I'm not an idiot I know it's just a baby.  I just wish I could stop feeling this way.    

Favorite Answer

So hide her on Facebook for now.  Yeah, it's wrong to target the baby.  It's okay to be jealous.  It's okay to be upset you're having trouble conceiving your own child.  It's even okay to be annoyed at the friend for not being able to talk about anything else.  But targeting the baby... that's not okay at all. 

If you feel the baby is "always being shoved in (your) face," then stop looking.  It's that easy.

There's also nothing wrong with seeking counseling for your own emotional distress. 

no i ******* hate chidlren i beat my dead husband and his grandkids 

One day you will have your own child, your friend wont hate the baby. also that baby will grow up and might be your bestie! Please dont hate baby, and @Jody what the heck, just cuz a child has autism dosnt mean you hare a baby IHATE U JODY IDIOT

I hate my friends baby. It has autism and it is very annoying. I hope she gives it up for adoption. 

You don't hate the baby. You just dislike the fact that the baby is getting more attention. This is completely normal. But come on. It's a baby. Part of it learning and getting to know it's mom and starting it's life off on a good note is getting a lot of attention. Babies have feelings too.