Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

How come so called experts in Finance section are so dumb?

About 1.5 years ago I asked if investing in Gold was a great idea. Everyone here told me it was an awful idea.... well, gold is up 30% since then. Why are you guys so dumb?

Well I think you maybe exaggerating, but Financial Advisors have to go with proven track records. Because they have to be able to justify their Financial Decisions in a court of law.

Gold today is up 13.5% from exactly 1 and 1/2 years ago.  Still a crap investment.  You pay extra (premium) to buy it and get less (discount) when you sell.  So now the 13.5% is just 7.5%  Investing in the S&P500 index would have got you 37% in the same time period.  Looks like you're the Dummy.

Well that's what happens when you ask for financial advice from strangers on Yahoo Answers. 

"Experts?"  How do you KNOW anyone here is an expert at anything except answering troll questions like this?  Wake up, dear--this is Yahoo Answers, not a Financial Advisory firm. 

If you had paid attention to my posts I told you inflation would hit hard once the economy picked up. I said that as early as 2010. 

When inflation goes up gold does too. The economy started picking up during the last 4 years but specifically about 1.5 years ago. 

• kswck2

You didn't pay us for the advise. Had you paid us, the advise might have been different. 

Do you Really think EXPERT advise comes FREE? 

1.5 years ago, nobody knew that COVID was going to happen

I think dumb people ask YA for investing advice.

Hold onto your gold. Terrific 30 year returns. LOL

Real successful investors don't hang out at Yahoo Finance. These guys are just broke wannabes. I invested in gold too and made out like a bandit!

I have no idea really.. sorry!