Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

How come so called experts in Finance section are so dumb?

About 1.5 years ago I asked if investing in Gold was a great idea. Everyone here told me it was an awful idea.... well, gold is up 30% since then. Why are you guys so dumb?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well I think you maybe exaggerating, but Financial Advisors have to go with proven track records. Because they have to be able to justify their Financial Decisions in a court of law.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Gold today is up 13.5% from exactly 1 and 1/2 years ago.  Still a crap investment.  You pay extra (premium) to buy it and get less (discount) when you sell.  So now the 13.5% is just 7.5%  Investing in the S&P500 index would have got you 37% in the same time period.  Looks like you're the Dummy.

• 2 months ago

Well that's what happens when you ask for financial advice from strangers on Yahoo Answers. 

• 2 months ago

"Experts?"  How do you KNOW anyone here is an expert at anything except answering troll questions like this?  Wake up, dear--this is Yahoo Answers, not a Financial Advisory firm. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you had paid attention to my posts I told you inflation would hit hard once the economy picked up. I said that as early as 2010. 

When inflation goes up gold does too. The economy started picking up during the last 4 years but specifically about 1.5 years ago. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You didn't pay us for the advise. Had you paid us, the advise might have been different. 

Do you Really think EXPERT advise comes FREE? 

• 2 months ago

1.5 years ago, nobody knew that COVID was going to happen

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think dumb people ask YA for investing advice.

Hold onto your gold. Terrific 30 year returns. LOL

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Real successful investors don't hang out at Yahoo Finance. These guys are just broke wannabes. I invested in gold too and made out like a bandit!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have no idea really.. sorry!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.