How do i get cigarette smoke out of everything?

My parents are heavy smokers, and I don’t smoke at all. Once i move out, how do i get the smell out of everything? Clothes, bedding, the bed its self, my console and computer, ME, etc.

Any help is appreciated and if I need to replace everything, I will.

You simply washthe washables in the clothes washer, as usual, but adda cup of white vinegar with the laundry soap.

Hard surfaces can be wiped down witha soft cloth thathas been rung out with a vinegar and water solution. ( 1/3 cup vinegar, 2/3 cup water ).

For upholstered furniture, your mattress and fabrics that cannot be washed, spray with OZIUM.

OZIUM can be purchased for under $10.00 at an auto part store. The smell is sweet but will disappear. This product is not a scent cover-up-air-freshener...it ELIMINATES smells.

Many years ago our wood stove backdrafted terribly, leaving our whole house smelling like a fire took place. I called our local Fire Dept. for advice onhow to eliminate the smoke smell. within 30 minutes they were at my house with the OZIUM. They sprayed, we went out for dinner and when we got home there was no more smoke smell and by the next day, it was like it never happened.

So, I never forgot about that amazing product.

Fast forward two decades...

I bought a used car from a smoker. After washing all the hard surfaces as described above, I sprayed the interior with OZIUM and sprayed a shot into the fan vent with windows up. Left my car running to circulate the air for 5 minutes, then left it overnight. ZERO Smoke smell! Amazing Stuff!

• Rita

How to Get Rid of the Smell of Cigarette Smoke in a House

Clean Out All Ashtrays. 1/20. Clean Out All Ashtrays. ...

Open the Windows. 2/20. Open the Windows. ...

Turn on the Fans. 3/20. Turn on the Fans. ...

Sprinkle Baking Soda. 4/20. Sprinkle Baking Soda. ...

Wash All Fabric Items. 5/20. ...

Clean Wall Hangings. 6/20. ...

Wash Hard Surfaces With Vinegar. 7/20. ...

Use Ammonia to Scrub Away Stubborn Smells. 8/20.

• drip

Wash everything. Downey’s scent beads can really help, and also a good detergent.  The beads are expensive but worth it. Just use them for the first wash of everything.

I would air dry as much as you can. Hang everything up after that first wash. Tumble  Drying can bake in an odor.  

Wash every thing else as best you can.  Murphy’s Oil Soup is a great product and has a clean scent. 

Air out as much as you can.  Furniture that has cloth on it.  You may want to put your mattress by a window with a fan.   You can spray it all down with Lysol spray. 

Wipe down the inside of your dresser drawers as well as the outside. Murphy Oil soap would be good for this.

You may want to fill a sink with it and wash all your hangers.

Wash your brushes and combs with shampoo. 

Basically wash anything going into your new solace. 

You can also buy charcoal briquettes at a hardware store. Use them now in your room. Put one in your closet too.   

Amounia, and another clearer called Awesome work great

• Hope!

White vinegar is a natural deodorizer, believe it or not.. it might smell like vinegar when things are wet, but when they dry, there is no smell.. 

here's an article on how to use it for getting rid of smoke smell..

https://www.hunker.com/12002353/how-to-use-vinegar...

On your body, do NOT use white vinegar, it is just man-made chemicals.. to wash your hair/body use apple cider vinegar - no other kind. Apple cider vinegar is natural, is a deodorizer and is GOOD for the skin and hair.. in fact, I put 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in the bath water, all the time.. it has vitamins and minerals in it that are good for the skin, and also, the skin/hair/nails have an acid mantle (surface) so the apple cider vinegar, which is really diluted (2 cups in a whole bath) restores the acid mantle to your skin! Another good use for apple cider vinegar is that it completely removes product from your hair - it strips it clean, without stripping all the natural oils.. HOWEVER, if you dye your hair, don't do this, because it will literally strip the color out - not right away, but it does strip some color... I haven't actually used shampoo in years :-) I wash my hair with water and apple cider vinegar - leaves my hair really clean and fresh, and I just like to keep things as natural as possible.. not use shampoos that over-strip my hair, with chemicals I can't pronounce.. to wash my hair, I first get two bowls. I fill one with about 8 cups of water, and just 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, I lean over the empty bowl, and pour the water/vinegar wash over my hair. It gets caught in the empty bowl. I then do it again, a few times.. cheap and healthy.. 

• ?

Unfortunately if you are living with your parents there is nothing much you can do. I had the same problem and I would wash my clothes in tide detergent and use febreeze and even tried giving my sister a smokeless ashtray. Unfortunately I had to move out and rewash everything. It took a few weeks for the smell to finally be gone. But good luck.

• T C

As the other post stated ...wash cloths and wipe down everything and anything you can. Then rent an ozonator ...most all rental places have them, and they are very inexpensive to rent.

An hour maybe 2 should take care of it.

Wash the clothes and wipe down the computer equipment?  Or you could burn it that works too.