Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

Pain under the kneecap?

I’m a badminton player and I’ve had knee problems 4 years ago. At that time, I was still playing soccer and since it hurt so much I stopped playing. After joining badminton, everything felt fine until 2 weeks ago when it started hurting in the exact same area again. ( it’s the area under the kneecap. I think some people get tendinitis there). My doctor didn’t find anything on X-rays and so I’m extremely confused. I can’t say they it hurts a lot but I can definitely feel the pain although I can push through it. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

P.s I am overweight for my age but I thought it would affect both knees. However it’s only my right that hurts.

Thank you 

• Tavy

Xrays show up bones. You need a Scan which shows up soft tissues. 

torn ligaments .